What personal information is collected on the ICPME Site, and how is it collected?
- When you register for an account on www.icpme.us, you must provide your name, degree, affiliation, street address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- If you pay tuition or certificate fees with a credit card, our credit card provider collects and stores your credit card information.
How is your personal information used by ICPME?
- For each CME certificate that you request, you must complete a postcourse evaluation that may ask if you are willing to participate in a follow-up survey. If you indicate on your evaluation that you are willing to participate in a follow-up survey, ICPME may use your name and contact information to send you a survey. (ICPME may share survey results with current and future faculty and with the commercial supporter of the CME activity, but the form in which survey information is disclosed will not reveal your identity.)
- Your phone number may be used for internal use and to contact you about your experience taking an ICPME CME activity if you have indicated on the survey mentioned above that we may do so.
- The ICPME credit-card vendor will use your credit-card information to process your payment.
- For documentation of the first level of outcomes-based evaluation in CME, a commercial supporter of a CME activity may request a list of participants in that specific activity. In response to such a request, ICPME will provide the commercial supporter with the title, institution, city and state, of all participants in that specific CME activity. ICPME will request in writing that the commercial supporter not use any information provided to contact participants in a CME activity.
- CME activities are certified for credit by our accredited affiliate Postgraduate Institute for Medicine ("PIM"). For accreditation and record-keeping purposes, PIM may request a list of participants in a particular CME activity. In response to such a request, ICPME will provide PIM with the first and last name, city, and state of each person who participated in that CME activity.
- In accordance with the Physician Financial Transparency Act (the "Sunshine Act"), PIM may require ICPME to report everything of value that each participant received in connection with a specific CME activity, from meals to honoraria, in which case, ICPME will do so. The report that ICPME provides to PIM will be submitted to the requesting commercial supporter and will include each attendee's name, business address, specialty, and Medicare billing number (if applicable), and, if requested, each attendee's license number.
- If ICPME is required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, ICPME will comply with such law, order or regulation.
How can you correct your personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, or to contact us for any other reason, please contact us at:
International Center for Postgraduate Medical Education
33 Thornwood Drive, Suite 400
Ithaca, New York 14850
(Tel) 607-257-5860 • (Fax) 607-257-5891
What about links to other Web sites?
If you are a California resident, how can you find out the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom ICPME shares your personal information under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq. ("Cal-OPPA")?
Send a request to email@example.com and within thirty (30) days, ICPME will provide you with that information.
How will you know if this policy has changed?